EBM takes the protection of personal data very seriously. We want you to know when we store which data and how we use them.
Personal data designate all data referring to a specific or ascertainable (natural or legal) person. This includes information such as first and surnames, salutation, postal address, email address, phone number, IP address and similar information.
Collection and storage of personal data
Depending on the website, using certain services requires registration and setting up a user account. Personal data, such as first and surnames, email address and, possibly, additional data will be collected and stored upon registration.
Personal data will furthermore be collected and stored where necessary for orders, utilisation of services, participation in competitions, etc.
Utilisation and dissemination of personal data
Upon entering your personal data, you state your agreement that EBM and companies of the EBK Group may use your personal data for the following purposes:
- for fulfilling and processing contractual and legal obligations
- for verifying access authorisation and administration of user account (provided user has registered)
- for billing purposes
- for developing and maintaining client relations
- for customised definitions and improvements of offers and products
- for analysing individual energy consumption and user behaviour
- for sending out regional information, for marketing purposes and advertisement.
EBM can also have third parties process such personal data to this extend. It will hereby make sure that data security is guaranteed.
Non-personal user data
When using websites, web servers will store non-personal user data, so-called log files. These log files contain your IP address, the most recently visited website, the used browser, data, time and requested file and/or website. EBM will analyse these non-personal data for detecting trends, generating statistics and for improving offers and products in the browser and the displaying devices and/or for best the possible adaptation to user demands.
Most browsers are configured to accept cookies automatically. However, you have the option to set your browser to generally reject cookies by choosing “reject cookies” in your browser settings. In such case, not all website functions might be fully available for your usage.
For analysing user behaviour, EBM integrates various analysis tools using cookies and other methods. These comprise:
- Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. (you can find more information on Google Analytics and how to deactivate the service here). Google will transmit the information generated by cookies regarding your usage of these websites to a server, where it is stored. This server might be located outside of Switzerland (USA in case of Google Analytics).
Google uses the information for analysing website utilisation in order to e.g. compile reports regarding website activities for EBM and also provide other services in connection with users’ website and Internet usages. Such information might possibly be transmitted to third parties, provided that this is required by law; or where third parties process such data on behalf of the tool providers.
- Leadlab, a web analysis service of Wiredminds GmbH, identifies companies by name and qualifies them according to client potentials in order to conduct sales activities in an efficient and targeted manner.
- Olark, a live chat software of Habla Inc. (dba Olark), for directly and immediately supporting clients in case of questions and other concerns.
EBM does not assume any responsibilities or liability for any data processing by external web analysis providers.
By using a website, you state your assent to the usage of cookies and web analyses in the previously described manner.
Links to other websites
The EBM websites contain links to third party-websites. As soon as you click those, you will leave EBM’s area of influence. EBM does not assume any editorial or legal responsibilities for linked third party-websites.
EBM maintains secure data networks meeting the respectively applicable technical standards. Appropriate technical and organisational precautions are taken for the conscientious protection of your data against loss, destruction, falsification, manipulation or unauthorised access.
Right to information
The Data Protection law grants you the right to find out at no cost whether EBM stores your personal data and what those data might be. You furthermore have the right to correct false information and have them deleted, subject to legal retention periods.
Information requests must be submitted in writing, alongside a copy of your ID, to EBM, Data Protection Officer, Weidenstrasse 27, 4142 Münchenstein. Any information will only be disseminated in writing to the indicated postal address and following the verification of your identity.